Guidelines for speakers and preparation of powerpoint presentations at EVER 2018
EVER 2018 offers a high-performance network between all the different presentation rooms.
All presenters must read the following instructions:
- Uploading of presentation in Speakers' room starts from Wednesday, October 3, at 7:00. Make sure you deliver your presentation to the Speakers' room at least 3 hours in advance or the day before if your presentation is scheduled early in the morning.
- Wednesday Oct. 3 from 07:00-18:00 - EUPO Course
- The speakers' room opening course are:
- Thursday Oct. 4 from 07:30-18:00
- Friday Oct. 5 from 07:30-18:00
- Saturday Oct. 6 from 07:30-15:30
- In the Speakers room, a technician helps the speaker to transfer his or her presentation into the central congress network. When the transfer is complete, the technician performs a quick run of the presentation so the speaker can check whether the presentation runs correctly and all parts of the presentation are copied. Desktop computers will be available at the Speakers' room for last minute changes and reviewing your presentation, if needed.
- The supported software for presentation is PowerPoint. Keynote is not supported. All presentations will be presented at a resolution 16:9 (1080x1040). When using videos, MPG and AVI are the most used video formats. Save the videos used in your presentation on your USB key.
- When preparing your presentation we recommend you to download and use the EVER 2018 Master slide freely available.
- At the end of the congress, all presentations will be deleted so that no copyright issues will arise.
- Include your conflict of interest statement in the first slide.
- Ensure that you are aware of the time limit of your presentation and that you do not exceed this limit.
- Young Investigator Award presentations are limited to 6 minutes, followed by 3 minutes of discussion. The session Chair will strictly enforce this schedule.
- Rapid fire presentations should last no longer than 3-4 minutes with a 2 further minutes for questions from the audience. We strongly recommend that you do not use more than 2-3 PowerPoint slides for the rapid fire presentations.
- Ensure that you in the right conference room well in advance of the start of your session.
- Introduce yourself to the chairperson well in advance of the start of your session.
- Inside each lecture room, a technical assistant starts each presentation at the right time using one of our fixed computers connected to the central congress network. When the presentation is launched, the speaker has control and can navigate with a remote device.
- We do not allow the use of personal laptops for presentations. If you bring your laptop to the congress, the technician will copy the files on your hard disk of the laptop into the central congress network, so the laptop will no longer be needed. Of course, the easiest way is to bring your presentation on a USB key.
- NEW for EVER 2018 - presenters are invited to upload their presentations online and before arrival at the congress. This way you will avoid waiting time in the speakers' room. To use this service, click here.
- If you are unable to attend the conference inform the EVER office as soon as possible